Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New dolls for sale soon and updates!



I've been super busy with work and other projects the past month or so.

I've found that it's just too humid for me to cast right now too. I need to have no more than 30% humidity or the molds get bubbles. Right now it's still the rainy season in NorCal, so no casting.

I DO have two casts that are nearly done, however. One will be around $300 and the other, who is bubbled, will be around $250 maybe less.

The major problem is they both have some bubbles in their faces. Since I can't cast new heads for them right now, they're just going to have to go out like that since I don't want them sitting around. Pieces get lost that way. What i'll probably do is give the recipients a voucher for another head to be cast later this summer if they want one.

I also got one of my sanded dolls back from my friend, Tiffany, who does the sanding for me. I've been painting him and he looks amazing if I do say so myself. I'm calling him a Scarab for now... It's certainly his coloring!


I've had quite a few questions about the girls as well. I'm still hoping to remold them this summer so i can start casting them as well.

I'm still working on the mini-machina as well. I actually hooked up her hip joints the other day and started the parts for her shoulder balls. that's going to be interesting since the design calls for them to be perfectly round, something i haven't done before.


I will leave you with a preview of Scarab so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment